On the brink of its 30th edition, the entire team of Sélections Mondiales des Vins is busy wrapping up the last preparations, organizing the recently received wines in Montreal, and getting ready to launch the competition consisting of more than a hundred tasting sessions that will take place from October 12 to 14, 2023, at the Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ).
This year :
- The 2023 edition will see more than 1560 wines from 26 countries competing.
- SMV continues to be the international competition with the largest representation of European wines outside of Europe, with a total of 1045 wines, representing 67% of the total registered wines.
- In the coming days, the international jury for the 2023 SMV edition will hit the road to head to Montreal and join us at the competition’s headquarters, the ITHQ Hotel in Montreal.
- The jury will consist of 12 panels, each comprising 5 individuals from 16 different countries
(3 foreign judges and 2 Canadian judges). They will adhere to the rules established by the OIV and VINOFED.
- The Top 50 of the 2023 edition will be revealed on Monday, October 16, 2023. The complete unveiling of the winners, on the other hand, will take place on Wednesday, October 18, 2023.
Sélection Mondiales des Vins would like to thank all the participating producers in this 2023 edition and wishes everyone great success in the competition!